Co-taught with Ashley Boone
- What is Character? by Ashley- A look at why we should study Christian character and what it is. Explores the difference between man’s definition of character and God’s. Scripture studied: Matthew 7:24-27.
- Definition of Character: Wisdom by Ashley- The difference between knowledge and wisdom, with a biblical description of wisdom. Scriptures studied: Proverbs 2:1-22; James 3:13-18.
- Character Traits: Integrity and Love by Keeley- A look at the difference in the world’s definition of integrity and love versus God’s. Scriptures studied: 1 Kings 9:1-5; Psalm 25, 26; 1 Cor 13:4-8, 13; John 15:9-13.
- Character Traits: Meekness and Humility by Keeley- Meekness is a word that is often misunderstood. This study looks at what meekness really is and how we actually want to have it as a part of our character. Humility is also explored through the prayers of two very different men. Scriptures studied: 2 Cor 10:1-8, 17-18; 1 Peter 2:23; Luke 18:9-14.
- The Role of Suffering in Building Character by Ashley- A look at how suffering builds and develops our character, with a view to role of discipline in building character. Scriptures studied: Romans 5:3-4; James 1:2-4; Hebrews 12:5-11.
- Character Development by Keeley- After looking at all the above aspects of what character is, this study focuses on how to grow in character and develop it. Includes a biblical counseling model and process for evaluating your own state of character. Scriptures studied: 1 Peter 2:9-10; Gal 5:19-26; Hebrews 13:5-6